Grateful Dead Live at Manor Downs on 1985-08-31
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo ->
Dupree's Diamond Blues
Mexicali Blues ->
My Brother Esau
Let It Grow
Terrapin Station ->
Estimated Prophet ->
Goin' Down The RoadFeeling Bad ->
Stella Blue ->
Throwing Stones ->
Not Fade Away
She Belongs To Me
One More Saturday Night
Collection GratefulDeadBand/Artist Grateful DeadVenue Manor DownsLocation Austin, TXSource (FOB) 2 Sennheiser 441s > Sony TC-D5M > Maxell MX 90s FOB, 10-15 rows back, DFCLineage Master AUD Cassettes > Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2 (azimuth adjusted) > Kind Kables RCA/XLR > Lunatec V3(@24/96)* > coax > M-Audio Audiophile 2496 > WaveLab 5.0 > WAV > Traders Little Helper > FLAC24 *V3 recording levels set equally at 25 + 3 trimTaped by Mark McCueTransferred by Alex Ford and SirMick
1- FOB>(Jim Vita's)Beyer Dynamic M160's>Sony TCD5M >Sony TCD5M (Charlie Connor's
CM - TDK MA90's)
Transfer: Nak DR-10>Midiman Flying Cow 24bit/48kHz A/D>RME Digi96/8>
Steinberg's Wavelab 3.0 (bit resolution & resampling to 16/44.1>CDWav beta1.57
2 - Oade Brothers Recording
Transferred by Doug Oade, tracked by Darrin Sacks (email@example.com)
Schoeps cmc441 (90deg, 17cm) > Oade M118 > Oade mod SONY PCM-F1
Transfer:Master PCM > DAW (via SEKD Prodif) > Wav > cdwav > Flac
- there was a tape problem at 0:58 in Dupree's. I put in a sub-second patch
- Space has a patch 2:49 - 2:59, which has been mix-pasted by aproximatey 2.5 seconds
at either end
- last 1:09 of NFA and crowd patched
- source 1 patches for Dupree's and Space. Source 2 patches for NFA and crowd. They have
been eq'd so that they have a closer match to the sound of this source
- crossfades added where tape had been paused between some tracks and on tape flips,
except during Space (see above)
- mastered using Wavelab v5 as host for iZotope Ozone v3.08, TC Works Native Dex v3.1 and
BBE Sonic Maximiser v2
- downsampled to 16/44.1 with Wavelab 5 and dithered with iZotope Ozone (type:Mbit+,
noise shaping:high, dither amount:normal)
- the vocals are lower in the mix during much of the first 2 tracks
- what I'd really like to know is "Who was Harry?"
January 15, 2011
Thanks for posting Mark
It's nice to have digital recordings of all the taspes I had copied from you over the years. Thanks Dude....
Go Faster, Get Rounder
April 22, 2010
Great Recording, Great Show, Great Venue
I was at this show. I've gotten several copies of it since. This one is the best. Thanks for the excellent recording and great memories.
April 22, 2010
Who is Harry?
Harry Popick was a sound engineer. I think he worked with the monitors.
March 31, 2009
Great audience recording!
MOTB strikes again...great 1985 audience recording...loud, clear, and awesome 3-d stereo!